Division of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
DASNR News ( View more... )
- Duckweed can choke out a pond, and the fish that live in it
STILLWATER, Okla. – Fish need a steady supply of oxygen in the water to survive. Without it, pond owners may find their pond surfaces littered with dead fish.
- Fall armyworms making an early appearance in some Oklahoma pastures
STILLWATER – Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources is recommending state producers scout their sorghum and grass pastures now for the presence of fall armyworms.
- Cattle herd rebuilding will be a slow process
STILLWATER, Okla. – Consumers looking at the price of beef in grocery store meat markets may be wishing more cattle were in the food production system to lower the hit on their wallets, but that is not likely to happen anytime soon.
- Plenty of bright ideas flying through the night skies
STILLWATER, Okla. – If you are trying to think of an idea for a great way to spend some quality time with your kids, maybe just poke your head outside after sunset and see if any light bulbs click on for you.
- Stars are shining bright at OSU during State 4-H Roundup
Oklahoma 4-H’ers are shining like stars at the 93rd State 4-H Roundup taking place now on the Oklahoma State University campus in Stillwater.