Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Extension focus on small businesses could pay big dividends
STILLWATER, Okla. - Dreaming about launching a small business or expanding an existing one and actually doing it are two very different things, right? Sure, the possibilities are endless, but figuring out the best path to success can be overwhelming.
- More exports and fewer imports supporting U.S. beef markets
STILLWATER, Okla. – More exports and fewer imports are helping to support beef markets, with February total beef exports up 19.3 percent and, combined with the January total, represent a year-to-date increase of 20.1 percent for the first two months of the 2017.
- Crop planting intentions highlight land-use changes
STILLWATER, Okla. – The end-of-March 2017 wheat planted acreage numbers decreased 8.2 percent from one year ago at 46.1 million acres, driven by poor wheat prices and following a general trend of decreasing wheat acreage resulting in the lowest all-wheat-planted acreage totals since 1909.
- OSU selected as host for Mandela Washington Fellowship
STILLWATER, Okla. – What began as a class assignment will result in the beginning of an international relationship and a wonderful opportunity for 25 African community leaders.
- OSU represented on statewide conservation task force
OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma Conservation Task Force, a new statewide collaboration focused on advancing conservation efforts across the state, was recently launched at a special signing in Oklahoma City.
- OSU agricultural economist Derrell Peel honored for lifetime achievement
STILLWATER, Okla. – Derrell Peel of Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources is the 2017 Southern Agricultural Economics Association Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
- Wheat streak mosaic virus confirmed in Oklahoma wheat
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State University’s Plant Disease and Insect Diagnostic Laboratory has confirmed the presence of wheat streak mosaic virus in Oklahoma.