Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Master of International Agriculture students return from Uganda
STILLWATER, Okla. – Agriculture is universal. The methods, available technologies and products are not all the same, but the mission remains: put food on the table.
- Tailgating with a healthy twist
STILLWATER, Okla. – Now that autumn is just around the corner, it is not just the feel of cooler weather to which most people are looking forward. It is time to break out the portable barbecue grill, the pop-up tent, the corn hole game and an ice chest full of all things tailgating.
- Multi-state research and Extension effort targets crop-jumping pest
STILLWATER, Okla. – It is a growing problem across an increasing area of the southern United States: Sugarcane aphids discovering sorghum is an equally yummy crop to infest.
- Tips for safely riding a bike to school
STILLWATER, Okla. – While lots of Oklahoma students will travel to school by bus, some will arrive via a slightly different, but no less effective, mode of transportation: the bicycle.
- Be safe while walking to school
STILLWATER, Okla. – As Oklahoma students head back to the classroom this fall, many will be using their feet as the primary mode of transportation to school.
- Value-added cattle program OQBN sets certified sales dates
STILLWATER, Okla. – The Oklahoma Quality Beef Network has identified dates and locations for its annual fall slate of certified cattle sales.
- Know when to help fall-calving cows and heifers during the calving process
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma ranchers who use a fall calving system should be reviewing research-proven information about the amount of time cows and heifers are allowed to be in labor before assistance should be given.