Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Removing smoke odor following a fire
STILLWATER, Okla. – Many parts of Oklahoma recently experienced devastating wildfires. Some families lost their homes, while other homes and structures in the path of the flames were spared.
- FAPC Research Symposium kicks off 20-year anniversary celebration
STILLWATER, Okla. - Oklahoma State University's Robert M. Kerr Food & Agricultural Products Center kicked off its 20-year anniversary celebration during the 17th Annual Research Symposium.
- Time to establish bermudagrass for forage production fast approaching
PURCELL, Okla. – Agricultural producers in central Oklahoma should be finalizing plans now if they want to establish bermudagrass for forage production.
- Low feedlot cost of gain making an impact in stocker cattle decisions
STILLWATER, Okla. – The current feeder market appears to be fully reflecting low feedlot cost of gain, which in turn is squeezing stocker cattle margins and changing the signals for stocker production.
- Now is the time to plant seeds for transplants
STILLWATER, Okla. – Although there is still the opportunity for freezing temperatures across the state, gardeners can get a jump start on their summer vegetables and flowers by starting seeds indoors now.
- New data listings break down heavy cattle placements in feedlots
STILLWATER, Okla. – The February USDA Cattle on Feed report show January feedlot placements were 111.3 percent of last year while marketings were 110.2 percent of one year ago, the numbers being pretty much what economic analysts expected.
- OSU hosting new herbicide technologies event on March 6 in Coweta
COWETA, Okla. – Agricultural producers and herbicide applicators in northwestern Oklahoma should plan now to attend the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service’s New Row Crop Traits and Herbicide Technologies event in Coweta on March 6.