Division of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
DASNR News ( View more... )
- Parents and students should make homework a priority
STILLWATER, Okla. – Store shelves are packed with notebooks, crayons and pencils as Oklahoma students prepare to head back to the classroom. In fact, some students in the state have already started the new school year.
- First Oklahoma Irrigation Conference scheduled Aug. 19
There is no better learning opportunity than experience and brainstorming ideas from those with similar experiences.
- Duckweed can choke out a pond, and the fish that live in it
STILLWATER, Okla. – Fish need a steady supply of oxygen in the water to survive. Without it, pond owners may find their pond surfaces littered with dead fish.
- Fall armyworms making an early appearance in some Oklahoma pastures
STILLWATER – Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources is recommending state producers scout their sorghum and grass pastures now for the presence of fall armyworms.
- Cattle herd rebuilding will be a slow process
STILLWATER, Okla. – Consumers looking at the price of beef in grocery store meat markets may be wishing more cattle were in the food production system to lower the hit on their wallets, but that is not likely to happen anytime soon.