Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- OSU Master Cattleman program just what Mary Elliott Perigo needed
WAKITA, Okla. – When tragedy struck, healthcare professional Mary Elliott Perigo was faced with the daunting prospect of gaining needed knowledge and expertise quickly to manage her family’s commercial cow-calf operation, located north of Wakita, Oklahoma.
- Shorebirds struggling to make 10,000-mile migration trip
STILLWATER, Okla. – Pack your bags. You are joining up with a group of shorebirds on the nearly 10,000-mile, one-way trip from the southern tip of South America to Alaska.
- Oklahoma resiliency on display
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma has developed a propensity to demonstrate an incredible amount of resolve over the years.
- Cardwell named head of national research lab at OSU
STILLWATER, Okla. – Kitty Cardwell was appointed as the new director of the National Institute for Microbial Forensics and Food and Agricultural Biosecurity at Oklahoma State University.
- Use science, writing and creativity to explore botanic garden
STILLWATER, Okla. – When people visit The Botanic Garden at Oklahoma State University, they typically explore the sights with their eyes.
- National stockmanship expert Curt Pate to lead free cattle handling workshop
STILLWATER, Okla. – Curt Pate, one of the nation’s top experts in stockmanship and horsemanship, is returning to Oklahoma for a second straight year to lead a workshop for ranchers, farmers and students who want to sharpen their cattle handling skills.
- Be prepared for earthquakes
STILLWATER, Okla. – While the recent rise in earthquakes may be as unsettling as the feeling of the ground rolling, shaking and buckling under foot, making emergency preparations before disaster strikes can go a long way toward calming frayed nerves.