Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Know when to help fall-calving cows and heifers during the calving process
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma ranchers who use a fall calving system should be reviewing research-proven information about the amount of time cows and heifers are allowed to be in labor before assistance should be given.
- OSU wheat geneticist Brett Carver honored by National Association of Plant Breeders
STILLWATER, Okla. – Brett Carver of Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources has been named the 2016 recipient of the National Association of Plant Breeders’ Plant Breeding Impact Award.
- Tips to help avoid gardening injuries
STILLWATER, Okla. – Many people enjoy gardening for its relaxing benefits, but it is important to keep in mind it is still a physical activity.
- The Botanic Garden at OSU hosting multiple events in September
STILLWATER, Okla. – As the heat of summer winds down, events at The Botanic Garden at Oklahoma State University are heating up.
- Did you know worms will eat your junk mail?
STILLWATER, Okla. – You can find them crawling across the sidewalk, under a rock or dangling from a fishing hook. There even was a children’s book detailing various ways in which they could be eaten, including frying in cornmeal and topped with condiments.
- DASNR selects 2016 Distinguished Alumni and Champions
STILLWATER, Okla. – The Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at Oklahoma State University has a rich tradition and history of improving the quality of life for all Oklahomans through conducting and disseminating science-based research.
- Summertime temperatures shorten gestation length in fall-calving cows and heifers
STILLWATER, Okla. – Fall-calving time is approaching rapidly, with its start in some herds sometimes beginning before producers expect.