Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Checking utilities in the aftermath of an earthquake
STILLWATER, Okla. – One top priority for homeowners after an earthquake is to ensure all utilities remain in proper working order.
- Checking inside and outside the home for earthquake damage
STILLWATER, Okla. – In the aftermath of an earthquake, damage to homes, buildings and other structures may or may not be visible. That is why it is important to thoroughly check both inside and outside your property as soon as it is safe to do so.
- One family’s farm story
As hard as it might be to imagine, 75-year-old Ruelle Kinslow’s current Kingfisher County address is the only one he’s ever known.
- Culinary training program serving up tasty results for Oklahoma students and school nutrition professionals
Although Nancy Sitler, child nutrition director for Sapulpa Public Schools, thought she and her staff were providing solid meal service in the six kitchens across the district, she was nervous about inviting an outside chef consultant to review operations.
- 4-H’er overcomes obstacles in the show ring and in life
STILLWATER, Okla. – Shelby Frost has an infectious laugh and a smile that will light up a room. But when she is in the show ring with her sheep, she is all business and ready to face any obstacle head on.
- OSU igniting the interest of Jenks High School students
STILLWATER, Okla. – Normally, a fire on high school property would result in plenty of screaming and panicked students running for their lives. However, a recent fire at Jenks High School, which was lit by Oklahoma State University personnel, was greeted with “ooooos” and “awwwwws.”
- Academic achievement program for Latino students finding big success in Oklahoma
STILLWATER, Okla. – With plenty of hard evidence confirming its strategy is working, Juntos, a unique program helping Latino students and their families hit all the right academic notes, is poised to expand its impact in Oklahoma.