Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- OSU’s Garey Fox recognized by Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence
STILLWATER, Okla. – For several decades the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence has been recognizing and encouraging academic excellence in Oklahoma’s public schools.
- Rancher Leasing Workshops to bring insight to landowners
STILLWATER, Okla. – For many ranchers across Oklahoma and surrounding states, a person’s word and a handshake are as good as a written contract. However, this type of business agreement is full of risk for both the landowner and the tenant.
- Finding the right balance of plants in the pond
STILLWATER, Okla. – Nothing kills the euphoric feeling of setting the hook on a monster bass more than reeling in a couple pounds of pond weeds. Pond owners and anglers alike need to understand there is a delicate balance between too many aquatic plants and too few.
- Consider native species when selecting landscape trees
STILLWATER, Okla. – Nurseries and retail shops are selling trees left and right. Oklahomans are eager to add a little something to their landscapes, but they should be careful when making selections.
- OSU aging experts dish out L.I.F.E. lessons
First, the bad news. There is no fountain of youth and you’re probably going to have to do more than eat an apple a day to keep the good old doctor away.
- Weather safety tips while on the road
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma is in the midst of tornado season, and if there is one thing everyone knows, safety is of utmost importance. When at home and the sirens sound, seeking shelter is key.
- Keep energy conservation in mind when planning landscape
STILLWATER, Okla. – When homeowners are planning their landscapes, most often they are focused on the overall look of the finished project.