Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- OSU releases app to aid wildlife managers with food plot decisions
STILLWATER, Okla. – Getting outside for the start of the hunting season is never far from the minds of Oklahoma sportsmen and sportswomen.
- Treated seed a key need for wheat growers
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma wheat producers should be treating their seed now to guard against a potential trespasser making its way through fields in northwestern and central Kansas: wheat flag smut.
- There is value in sportfishing
STILLWATER, Okla. – Crops and vegetation have enjoyed the increased rainfall this year. So have municipalities, wildlife, rivers, lakes, fish and anglers.
- Certified Crop Advisor CEUs available through Aug. 18 irrigation conference
STILLWATER, Okla. – Individuals looking to earn Certified Crop Advisor Continuing Education Units in the Soil and Water Management Category should register now to attend the Aug. 18 Oklahoma Irrigation Conference in Ft. Cobb.
- Dividing and replanting iris will enhance flower production
STILLWATER, Okla. – While their delicate petals and warm, summery colors make iris plants a favorite among gardeners, their ease of care also is appealing.
- Fresher, tastier choices coming to school cafeterias this fall
STILLWATER, Okla. – Students can look forward to experiencing newer, fresher tastes in school cafeterias beginning this fall thanks to an innovative skills development program targeting school nutrition professionals in Oklahoma.
- Food safety is important when it comes to packing school lunches
STILLWATER, Okla. – Just a few short weeks ago Oklahoma children were celebrating the end of another school year. Fast forward to now and those same children already are seeing back-to-school items in their local retail stores. In fact, some schools across the state are currently back in session.