Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- OSU’s Dave Shideler receives regional recognition for his economic development efforts
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State University agricultural economist Dave Shideler is the 2017 recipient of the Southern Agricultural Economics Association’s Extension Individual Program Award for his work in economic and rural development.
- OSU, public libraries team up to bridge ‘digital divide’ in rural Oklahoma
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources and public libraries in four Oklahoma towns are joining forces to provide broadband access to residents in some of the state’s more rural areas.
- OSU animal science/microbiology student awarded Fulbright for research in Germany
STILLWATER, Okla. - Sydney Stewart, an undergraduate student at Oklahoma State University, has been awarded a Fulbright U.S. Student Award to conduct research in Germany during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- OSU Wheat Field Day set for April 28 in Chickasha
CHICKASHA, Okla. – Talk about one-stop shopping: Wheat producers will be able to evaluate more than 45 varieties at the Oklahoma State University Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources’ Wheat Field Day in Chickasha on April 28.
- Club members share impact of 4-H with state legislators
STILLWATER, Okla. – When driving in downtown Oklahoma City, one of the buildings dotting the landscape is the Capitol Building. While most people simply drive by, a group of Oklahoma 4-H’ers recently spent the day there while learning about how the state’s government works.
- Extension focus on small businesses could pay big dividends
STILLWATER, Okla. - Dreaming about launching a small business or expanding an existing one and actually doing it are two very different things, right? Sure, the possibilities are endless, but figuring out the best path to success can be overwhelming.
- More exports and fewer imports supporting U.S. beef markets
STILLWATER, Okla. – More exports and fewer imports are helping to support beef markets, with February total beef exports up 19.3 percent and, combined with the January total, represent a year-to-date increase of 20.1 percent for the first two months of the 2017.