Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- ‘Dog days of summer’ can be dangerous for your pets
STILLWATER, Okla. – With summer officially underway, Oklahomans are heading outdoors for some fun in the sun.
- Fawns are cute; leave them be
STILLWATER, Okla. – Most fawns in Oklahoma are about a month old at this point. Typically born in late May or early June, the first few weeks of their lives are fairly secretive.
- Janet Cole now leading OSU department of horticulture and landscape architecture
STILLWATER, Okla. – Longtime Oklahoma State University horticultural educator and researcher Janet Cole stepped into a new role this May, taking over as head of the department of horticulture and landscape architecture.
- Tips for drilling mud application
Part of the process of drilling for oil and natural gas involves the use of water-based drilling mud. Once a well is bored, the fluid needs to be disposed of, and applying the mud to private lands has become a popular option.
- Eleventh annual winter canola conferences scheduled for July 14-15
STILLWATER, Okla. – Southern Plains producers who are interested in learning how to maximize canola crop productivity should plan now to attend one of two regional Winter Canola Conferences taking place in July.
- OSU’s Keith Owens named DASNR associate vice president
STILLWATER, Okla. – Keith Owens has been selected to the position of associate vice president with Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources.
- Jeff Edwards to head OSU plant and soil sciences department
STILLWATER, Okla. – Longtime Oklahoma State University Cooperative Extension small grains specialist Jeff Edwards has been named the new head of OSU’s department of plant and soil sciences.
Bed Bug Basics: Tips for traveling