Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Homeowners and families should protect against mosquitoes this summer
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahomans planning to work and play outdoors this summer should be prepared to protect against mosquitoes.
- Optimize your horse’s water intake
STILLWATER, Okla. – Summertime heat is approaching fast, making it paramount that equine owners optimize their horse’s water intake to ensure animal well-being and performance as temperatures rise.
- Dairy herds expected to have decreasing effect on U.S beef production
STILLWATER, Okla. – Although beef, as a by-product of the dairy industry, rarely exhibits a major influence on dairy industry production decisions, it is important to note that dairy animals contribute a significant portion of total animal slaughter and beef supply.
- U.S. beef trade situation down for April but improving slowly overall
STILLWATER, Okla. – Recent beef and cattle trade data shows a mixed bag of global market impacts, with total U.S. beef exports decreasing 5.3 percent in April compared to last year.
- Low tunnels can help extend growing season
STILLWATER, Okla. – For many people, there is not anything tastier than a vine-ripened tomato or fresh herbs picked right off the plant. Right now, gardeners across Oklahoma are enjoying fruits of their labor from their gardens.
- Use sunscreen properly to help ensure protection
STILLWATER, Okla. – Now that summer has officially started, Oklahomans are making plans that include spending a lot of time outdoors.
- Floriculture workshop slated July 14 in Stillwater
STILLWATER, Okla. – Do your roses have rose rosette disease? Are you interested in learning more about soilless growing media? Would you like to learn about greenhouse and garden center runoff management? Perhaps commercial organic horticulture is right up your alley.