Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Multi-state research and Extension effort targets crop-jumping pest
STILLWATER, Okla. – It is a growing problem across an increasing area of the southern United States: Sugarcane aphids discovering sorghum is an equally yummy crop to infest.
- Tips for safely riding a bike to school
STILLWATER, Okla. – While lots of Oklahoma students will travel to school by bus, some will arrive via a slightly different, but no less effective, mode of transportation: the bicycle.
- Be safe while walking to school
STILLWATER, Okla. – As Oklahoma students head back to the classroom this fall, many will be using their feet as the primary mode of transportation to school.
- Value-added cattle program OQBN sets certified sales dates
STILLWATER, Okla. – The Oklahoma Quality Beef Network has identified dates and locations for its annual fall slate of certified cattle sales.
- Know when to help fall-calving cows and heifers during the calving process
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma ranchers who use a fall calving system should be reviewing research-proven information about the amount of time cows and heifers are allowed to be in labor before assistance should be given.
- OSU wheat geneticist Brett Carver honored by National Association of Plant Breeders
STILLWATER, Okla. – Brett Carver of Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources has been named the 2016 recipient of the National Association of Plant Breeders’ Plant Breeding Impact Award.
- Tips to help avoid gardening injuries
STILLWATER, Okla. – Many people enjoy gardening for its relaxing benefits, but it is important to keep in mind it is still a physical activity.