Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- All the buzz about mosquitoes
STILLWATER, Okla. – The wet spring may have been a boon for crops, but it has opened the door to the possibility of a challenging summer when it comes to mosquitoes.
- Homeowners and families should protect against mosquitoes this summer
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahomans planning to work and play outdoors this summer should be prepared to protect against mosquitoes.
- Optimize your horse’s water intake
STILLWATER, Okla. – Summertime heat is approaching fast, making it paramount that equine owners optimize their horse’s water intake to ensure animal well-being and performance as temperatures rise.
- Dairy herds expected to have decreasing effect on U.S beef production
STILLWATER, Okla. – Although beef, as a by-product of the dairy industry, rarely exhibits a major influence on dairy industry production decisions, it is important to note that dairy animals contribute a significant portion of total animal slaughter and beef supply.
- U.S. beef trade situation down for April but improving slowly overall
STILLWATER, Okla. – Recent beef and cattle trade data shows a mixed bag of global market impacts, with total U.S. beef exports decreasing 5.3 percent in April compared to last year.
- Low tunnels can help extend growing season
STILLWATER, Okla. – For many people, there is not anything tastier than a vine-ripened tomato or fresh herbs picked right off the plant. Right now, gardeners across Oklahoma are enjoying fruits of their labor from their gardens.
- Use sunscreen properly to help ensure protection
STILLWATER, Okla. – Now that summer has officially started, Oklahomans are making plans that include spending a lot of time outdoors.