Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
Division News (View more)
- Crop planting intentions highlight land-use changes
STILLWATER, Okla. – The end-of-March 2017 wheat planted acreage numbers decreased 8.2 percent from one year ago at 46.1 million acres, driven by poor wheat prices and following a general trend of decreasing wheat acreage resulting in the lowest all-wheat-planted acreage totals since 1909.
- OSU selected as host for Mandela Washington Fellowship
STILLWATER, Okla. – What began as a class assignment will result in the beginning of an international relationship and a wonderful opportunity for 25 African community leaders.
- OSU represented on statewide conservation task force
OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma Conservation Task Force, a new statewide collaboration focused on advancing conservation efforts across the state, was recently launched at a special signing in Oklahoma City.
- OSU agricultural economist Derrell Peel honored for lifetime achievement
STILLWATER, Okla. – Derrell Peel of Oklahoma State University’s Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources is the 2017 Southern Agricultural Economics Association Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
- Wheat streak mosaic virus confirmed in Oklahoma wheat
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State University’s Plant Disease and Insect Diagnostic Laboratory has confirmed the presence of wheat streak mosaic virus in Oklahoma.
- DASNR’s Max Melstrom earns top regional recognition
STILWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State University’s Max Melstrom has become one of the go-to professionals when it comes to determining the value of natural resource use and environmental policy in Oklahoma, the region and beyond.