Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Governor honors four from OSU with ag awards
STILLWATER, Okla. – As far as Oklahoma State University Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources wheat researcher Brett Carver is concerned, there is not a better way to live one’s life than to enable others.
- Contest brings to light the importance of ATV safety
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma 4-H’ers and FFA members have an opportunity to use their creativity to help prevent an injury or even death.
- Composting may be timely solution for disposal of dead livestock and large animals
ALVA, Okla. – Natural disasters such as the wildfires that struck Woods County recently highlight the need to act quickly to dispose of livestock and other large animal carcasses.
- Bad habits that can cause a home fire
STILLWATER, Okla. – A recent study by the National Fire Protection Association shows fire departments respond to home fires about 1,000 times per day. That equates to 42 fires every hour, which cause about $228 in damage each and every second.
- Tree care after a wildfire
STILLWATER, Okla. – Residents of Oklahoma have seen first-hand the damage caused by wildfires. The recent fire in the northwest part of the state and into the southern part of Kansas left tens of thousands of acres scorched.
- OSU brings in Darcy Lecturer to speak about the future of water research
STILLWATER, Okla. – Scientists use data to build models, which in turn are used to make predictions of future outcomes. Once a single model is identified sometimes new data does not fit in, so the model is discarded and the process may begin again.
- Cow-calf producers may find two-stage weaning process useful
STILLWATER, Okla. – Cattle producers with fall-calving herds who are contemplating upcoming weaning options may want to consider using a two-stage weaning process.