Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Oklahoma Peanut EXPO set for March 24 in Altus
ALTUS, Okla. – Peanut growers interested in the latest research-based production and marketing information about their crop should plan now to attend the 2016 Peanut EXPO, taking place at the Western Oklahoma State College in Altus on March 24.
- Oklahoma is one of the hungriest states in the country
STILLWATER, Okla. – For some people, being hungry simply means it has been a few hours since their last meal. Unfortunately, many Oklahomans struggle with hunger every single day.
- Nutrition program helps Oklahomans get healthier
STILLWATER, Okla. – Even as the nation celebrates National Nutrition Month in March, it is a well known fact the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle requires a daily commitment.
- Heath Sanders named new OSU Cooperative Extension area agronomist
DUNCAN, Okla. – Heath Sanders, a crop professional known to many Oklahoma producers, will be assisting farmers, ranchers and others as an Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service area agronomist for the southwest district beginning March 28.
- OSU wheat researcher honored by Wheat Quality Council for second straight year
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State University Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources wheat researcher Brett Carver and the OSU Wheat Improvement Team won the 2016 Millers Award presented by the Wheat Quality Council.
- Online prescribed fire training offers many benefits
STILLWATER, Okla. – Nearly 400 people representing private landowners, federal agencies, state agencies, universities, nongovernmental agencies, tribes and fire departments are taking advantage of a program offered by Oklahoma State University Cooperative Extension.
- Maintaining good nutrition key part of replacement heifer management
STILLWATER, Okla. – Breeding season for replacement heifers destined for a spring-calving herd will soon be here, emphasizing the need for producers to ensure proper nutritional management of the animals.