Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Weather safety tips while on the road
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma is in the midst of tornado season, and if there is one thing everyone knows, safety is of utmost importance. When at home and the sirens sound, seeking shelter is key.
- Keep energy conservation in mind when planning landscape
STILLWATER, Okla. – When homeowners are planning their landscapes, most often they are focused on the overall look of the finished project.
- OSU to open new Lahoma research station facility in honor of Raymond Sidwell on May 13
LAHOMA, Okla. – The life’s work of the late Raymond Sidwell of Goltry is continuing to provide benefits to agricultural producers across the region, thanks to a new facility that bears his name at the Oklahoma State University Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources’ North Central Research Station.
- Twenty five percent of state’s agriculture production treading water
STILLWATER, Okla. – The evidence of drought is clear above ground. Lakes, rivers and creeks will be low, or completely dry. Wildlife will struggle to survive, and plants, including crops, will not grow.
- Protect yourself and your pet when enjoying outdoor activities
STILLWATER, Okla. – As the weather continues to get warmer, more and more outdoor enthusiasts will be camping, hiking, backpacking and generally spending more time out in nature.
- Weekly Livestock Reporter’s Phil Stoll honored as OSU animal science graduate of distinction
STILLWATER, Okla. – Speak with Phil Stoll for any length of time and the stories come spilling out, insightful firsthand accounts detailing everything from changes in the animal agriculture industry to what it is like to work with some of the most prominent and respected cattle producers in the nation.
- Animals cannot digest plastic, either
STILLWATER, Okla. – Birthday, wedding and graduation celebrations often include releasing helium balloons. What a sight to see as the balloons are released to gently float away.