Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Too much wheat hurting prices, and the growers who depend on them
STILLWATER, Okla. – The old cliché that too much of anything is not a good thing is certainly proving true for wheat growers trying to turn a profit.
- Role of international trade looms larger for cattle and beef markets
STILLWATER, Okla. – Increased U.S. beef production and lower cattle prices are reversing the trend of recent years, where beef exports decreased as record high prices rationed demand in both domestic and international markets.
- It is time to start acclimating your plants to the indoors
STILLWATER, Okla. – While many gardeners have flower beds full of colorful blooms throughout the summer, other gardeners prefer to populate their outdoor space with pots of various plants.
- Master of International Agriculture students return from Uganda
STILLWATER, Okla. – Agriculture is universal. The methods, available technologies and products are not all the same, but the mission remains: put food on the table.
- Tailgating with a healthy twist
STILLWATER, Okla. – Now that autumn is just around the corner, it is not just the feel of cooler weather to which most people are looking forward. It is time to break out the portable barbecue grill, the pop-up tent, the corn hole game and an ice chest full of all things tailgating.
- Multi-state research and Extension effort targets crop-jumping pest
STILLWATER, Okla. – It is a growing problem across an increasing area of the southern United States: Sugarcane aphids discovering sorghum is an equally yummy crop to infest.
- Tips for safely riding a bike to school
STILLWATER, Okla. – While lots of Oklahoma students will travel to school by bus, some will arrive via a slightly different, but no less effective, mode of transportation: the bicycle.