Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- U.S. beef trade situation down for April but improving slowly overall
STILLWATER, Okla. – Recent beef and cattle trade data shows a mixed bag of global market impacts, with total U.S. beef exports decreasing 5.3 percent in April compared to last year.
- Low tunnels can help extend growing season
STILLWATER, Okla. – For many people, there is not anything tastier than a vine-ripened tomato or fresh herbs picked right off the plant. Right now, gardeners across Oklahoma are enjoying fruits of their labor from their gardens.
- Use sunscreen properly to help ensure protection
STILLWATER, Okla. – Now that summer has officially started, Oklahomans are making plans that include spending a lot of time outdoors.
- Floriculture workshop slated July 14 in Stillwater
STILLWATER, Okla. – Do your roses have rose rosette disease? Are you interested in learning more about soilless growing media? Would you like to learn about greenhouse and garden center runoff management? Perhaps commercial organic horticulture is right up your alley.
- OSU to host Summer Fire Field Day in Perry
STILLWATER, Okla. – Prescribed burning during the summer months is just as, if not more, effective than the traditional spring burns.
- The unique, interesting and strange creatures among us
Go outside. The final bell has rung and students across the state are out of school for the summer. Tell them to unplug from their gaming devices, cell phones, tablets and computers and go outside. There is a wild world out there.
- DASNR experts go on-site in Nicaragua to help solve food issues
STILLWATER, Okla. – Two Oklahoma State University faculty members completed volunteer assignments through Partners of the Americas and the United States Agency for International Development-supported Farmer-to-Farmer program.