Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Feeding cattle candy helps save producers cash
STILLWATER, Okla. – Some cattle eat grass, some eat corn and others have more of a sweet tooth they satisfy by chowing down on candy and pastries.
- Oklahoma Proven plants make landscape planning a breeze
STILLWATER, Okla. – Although there are still several more weeks of winter, it is never too early to start planning your spring and summer landscape. With so many choices of plants, shrubs and trees on the market, how nice would it be for gardeners to have a cheat sheet?
- OHCE members take losing seriously
There are a number of women in Cleveland County who are a bunch of losers – and they are perfectly happy with that.
- Avoid putting net wrap on the menu for cattle
PURCELL, Okla. – Livestock producers who take the time to remove net wrap from round bales or at least pick it up after the hay has been eaten potentially may save themselves management problems later.
- Payne County’s Nathan Anderson honored as 2017 OSU Cooperative Extension Distinguished Educator recipient
STILLWATER, Okla. – The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service has honored Nathan Anderson, Payne County Extension director and agricultural educator, with one of its most prestigious official recognitions, the Extension Distinguished Educator Award.
- OSU Cooperative Extension honors Greg Highfill of Woods County as a 2017 Distinguished Educator recipient
STILLWATER, Okla. – Woods County Extension Director and Agricultural Educator Greg Highfill, a 32-year member of the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service, has been presented one of the statewide organization’s most prestigious official recognitions, the Extension Distinguished Educator Award.
- OSU’s Pecan Management Course offers something for new and veteran growers
STILLWATER, Okla. – They are tasty in a pie, make a savory addition to a crusted chicken and make a great treat as part of a candy turtle. However, for those more interested in the growing aspect of the pecan as opposed to the baking opportunities, make plans to attend the 2017 Oklahoma Pecan Management Course offered by Oklahoma State University.