Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- OSU Meat Judging Team wins another National Championship
STILLWATER, Okla. – The headline may be similar, but some of the names are different. Oklahoma State University’s Meat Judging Team recently won the National Championship, again. That makes 18, for anyone counting.
- Add a splash of holiday color with poinsettias
STILLWATER, Okla. – For many people, once the Thanksgiving dishes are washed and the leftover turkey and dressing safely are safely stored in the refrigerator, it is time to break out the Christmas decorations.
- OSU professor named USDA National Teaching Award winner
STILLWATER, Okla. – Bailey Norwood does more than teach classes at Oklahoma State University. He equips his students with the ability to master a few simple concepts that will help them understand a complex world.
- Many benefits to leasing private land to hunters
STILLWATER, Okla. – Leasing land for recreational hunting can provide Oklahoma landowners will a little extra cash in their pocket, labor resources for their land, perhaps a few new friends and a reduction in trespassing.
- Bucks finding themselves in rut
STILLWATER, Okla. – Don’t tell Walt Disney, but it is no accident deer hunting season is in the fall in Oklahoma.
- Turkey has cherished history as part of Thanksgiving celebration
STILLWATER, Okla. – Thanksgiving has been a national holiday in the United States since 1863, when President Abraham Lincoln declared it so. And from that time, the turkey has been the pinnacle of the Thanksgiving feast.
- OSU groundbreaking heralds continued ‘guarantee’ of providing farmer access to improved crop varieties
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma Foundation Seed Stocks has more than doubled its annual production of Foundation Seed developed by Oklahoma State University plant breeders over the last five years, leading to the need for a new, much-larger facility to meet the demand for more efficient, high-yielding varieties throughout the Southern Plains states.