Division of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
DASNR News ( View more... )
- Cow-calf producers should closely monitor animal mineral consumption
STILLWATER, Okla. – A consistent and appropriate intake of medicated minerals is critical to a successful anaplasmosis prevention program, but cow-calf producers need to closely monitor that label-recommended amounts are being consumed by the cattle.
- Go to the right source for severe weather info
STILLWATER, Okla. – It is one thing to have an emergency plan and stand ready to execute it in case strong storms develop. But, how do you get in the know when severe weather threatens?
- ID your safe place before severe weather hits
STILLWATER, Okla. – When an ugly storm is bearing down and tornado sirens are wailing, it is the wrong time to begin wondering where you could or should take cover.
- Producers should check grasshopper populations now
STILLWATER, Okla. – Parts of Oklahoma that have suffered from a lack of rainfall are likely to experience grasshopper infestations the likes of a Biblical plague this summer.
- Registration open for Oklahoma Invasive Plant Council Field Day
STILLWATER, Okla. – Native plant species are making a comeback in Stillwater this summer.