Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Annual horticulture show opens Jan. 13 in Arkansas
STILLWATER, Okla. - Building healthy economies with local and regional food systems will headline the topics presented at the 36th Annual Horticulture Industries Show in Fayetteville, Arkansas. This year’s theme is “Local Foods, Farms, Gardens and Success.”
- Premier canola event set for Enid in January
STILLWATER, Okla. – Agricultural producers interested in learning how to maximize their canola production and profitability should register now to attend the Jan. 19 Canola College in Enid.
- Think twice about gifts of clothing for the holidays
STILLWATER, Okla. – As you make out your holiday shopping list, you are sure to find a variety of things on it. Some popular items may include toys, household items or electronics.
- Medication safety during the holiday travel season
STILLWATER, Okla. – When you are scrambling to get on the road or rushing to prepare your home to host family and friends for the holidays, managing your medications is an easy detail to overlook.
- Options exist to control Hessian fly problems in wheat
STILLWATER, Okla. – Occurrences of Hessian fly have been found in southwestern Oklahoma winter wheat this fall, making it important for producers to identify field infestations and strategies that can assist in managing the pest next year.
- Carbon sequestration a positive aspect of beef cattle grazing grasslands
STILLWATER, Okla. – Beef cattle grazing on grass pastures might not be the first thing people think of when discussing the subject of combatting greenhouse gas emissions, but it is an agricultural practice providing significant dividends to the effort.
- Wood burning stoves offer heating alternative
STILLWATER, Okla. – As temperatures continue to drop, wood burning stoves will get more and more action.