Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
DASNR News (View more)
- Certified Crop Advisor CEUs available through Aug. 18 irrigation conference
STILLWATER, Okla. – Individuals looking to earn Certified Crop Advisor Continuing Education Units in the Soil and Water Management Category should register now to attend the Aug. 18 Oklahoma Irrigation Conference in Ft. Cobb.
- Dividing and replanting iris will enhance flower production
STILLWATER, Okla. – While their delicate petals and warm, summery colors make iris plants a favorite among gardeners, their ease of care also is appealing.
- Fresher, tastier choices coming to school cafeterias this fall
STILLWATER, Okla. – Students can look forward to experiencing newer, fresher tastes in school cafeterias beginning this fall thanks to an innovative skills development program targeting school nutrition professionals in Oklahoma.
- Food safety is important when it comes to packing school lunches
STILLWATER, Okla. – Just a few short weeks ago Oklahoma children were celebrating the end of another school year. Fast forward to now and those same children already are seeing back-to-school items in their local retail stores. In fact, some schools across the state are currently back in session.
- Extracurricular activities help kids make the grade, learn life lessons
STILLWATER, Okla. – Every school year, parents and guardians often pull off the ultimate balancing act, shuffling kids from athletic practices and games to orchestra to debate, but the potential benefits for those children is nearly as limitless as the activities open to them.
- For parents, empty nest can be full of promise
STILLWATER, Okla. – For many Oklahoma families ushering the last kid out of the house this fall and officially emptying the nest, it is a moment brimming with hand-wringing fear, giddy excitement and one looming question: What is next?
- New campaign can help prevent TV and furniture tip-over deaths and injuries
STILLWATER, Okla. – A trip to the emergency room for a child is something all parents try to avoid. However, one of the top hidden hazards in the home can quickly find parents making that dreaded trip.