Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
Premier Content (View more)
- Carbon sequestration a positive aspect of beef cattle grazing grasslands
STILLWATER, Okla. – Beef cattle grazing on grass pastures might not be the first thing people think of when discussing the subject of combatting greenhouse gas emissions, but it is an agricultural practice providing significant dividends to the effort.
- Life lessons in the woods
STILLWATER, Okla. – He plays soccer, basketball and baseball. He’s not a bad golfer and takes pride in being tough to tackle on the football field.
- Turkey has cherished history as part of Thanksgiving celebration
STILLWATER, Okla. – Thanksgiving has been a national holiday in the United States since 1863, when President Abraham Lincoln declared it so. And from that time, the turkey has been the pinnacle of the Thanksgiving feast.
- Value-added cattle program helps producers boost the bottom line
Oklahoma cattle producers looking for a competitive advantage should consider a trip to Ellis County to participate in the annual OK Steer Feedout.
- Extension grant program increasing fresh, healthy foods in local communities
An apple a day might indeed keep the doctor away, but it is a well-established fact that not everyone has regular access to healthy meal and snack options. A number of local communities in Oklahoma are working to change that reality, though, and a grant program created through the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service is helping to fuel those efforts.
- Greenhouse gas emissions from beef production only 1.9 percent of U.S. total
STILLWATER, Okla. – When it comes to protecting the environment, blaming greenhouse gas emission problems on beef cattle or people who like a good steak is a claim that has little basis in fact.
Division News (View more)
- Water is essential for Christmas tree success for the season
STILLWATER, Okla. – While Christmas trees in the living room are no longer growing, they still need just as much water as if they were. Keeping the focal point of your Christmas decorations fresh and beautiful is simple, if a few important steps are taken.
- Christmas tree facts spark interest of OSU researchers
STILLWATER, Okla. –We have all heard the warnings and seen the clips of Christmas trees bursting into flames and ruining someone’s holiday season.
- Annual horticulture show opens Jan. 13 in Arkansas
STILLWATER, Okla. - Building healthy economies with local and regional food systems will headline the topics presented at the 36th Annual Horticulture Industries Show in Fayetteville, Arkansas. This year’s theme is “Local Foods, Farms, Gardens and Success.”
- Premier canola event set for Enid in January
STILLWATER, Okla. – Agricultural producers interested in learning how to maximize their canola production and profitability should register now to attend the Jan. 19 Canola College in Enid.
- Think twice about gifts of clothing for the holidays
STILLWATER, Okla. – As you make out your holiday shopping list, you are sure to find a variety of things on it. Some popular items may include toys, household items or electronics.
- Medication safety during the holiday travel season
STILLWATER, Okla. – When you are scrambling to get on the road or rushing to prepare your home to host family and friends for the holidays, managing your medications is an easy detail to overlook.