Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
Premier Content (View more)
- Extension grant program increasing fresh, healthy foods in local communities
An apple a day might indeed keep the doctor away, but it is a well-established fact that not everyone has regular access to healthy meal and snack options. A number of local communities in Oklahoma are working to change that reality, though, and a grant program created through the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service is helping to fuel those efforts.
- Greenhouse gas emissions from beef production only 1.9 percent of U.S. total
STILLWATER, Okla. – When it comes to protecting the environment, blaming greenhouse gas emission problems on beef cattle or people who like a good steak is a claim that has little basis in fact.
- Teal Pumpkin Project provides alternative for trick-or-treaters
STILLWATER, Okla. – “Trick or treat, smell my feet. Give me something good to eat.” While this chant is familiar to many youngsters who go trick-or-treating, food allergies may leave some children feeling left out of the fun.
- The ‘green’ facts of grass versus grain when finishing beef cattle
STILLWATER, Okla. – It is a “green” discussion that continues to raise its head periodically. What is better for the environment: Grass-finished or grain-finished beef cattle?
- One family’s farm story
As hard as it might be to imagine, 75-year-old Ruelle Kinslow’s current Kingfisher County address is the only one he’s ever known.
- Culinary training program serving up tasty results for Oklahoma students and school nutrition professionals
Although Nancy Sitler, child nutrition director for Sapulpa Public Schools, thought she and her staff were providing solid meal service in the six kitchens across the district, she was nervous about inviting an outside chef consultant to review operations.
Division News (View more)
- Agriculture technology leader honored by OSU
STILLWATER, Okla. – Technology grows and is harvested in the agriculture industry. There is no better proof of this than Matthew Waits and SST Software in Stillwater.
- Oklahoma senator recognized by Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
STILLWATER, Okla. – His two degrees from Oklahoma State University and more than 30 years of service with the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service gave Sen. Ron Justice a great understanding of the importance of agriculture in the state.
- Strong roots in Oklahoma
STILLWATER, Okla. – With both parents having graduated from Oklahoma State University and farming wheat in Hennessey, Oklahoma, Helen Hodges has agriculture running through her veins.
- Dick and Malinda Berry Fischer celebrated by Oklahoma State
STILLWATER, Okla. – They were recognized individually, but anyone who knows them understands Dick and Malinda Berry Fischer are a team.
- Ferguson creating a legacy in OSU dairy
STILLWATER, Okla. – Larry and Kayleen Ferguson have a deep passion for making a difference in the world and they stay connected to their alma mater, Oklahoma State University.
- Byford helps OSU animal science down highway of success
STILLWATER, Okla. – Growing up on a purebred swine operation near Duncan, Oklahoma, Randy Byford was passionate about agriculture and seemed destined to serve in the industry.